Excellence in GSI Awards Ceremony: Celebrating the Triple Bottom Line
*Call for Nominations*
The Excellence in GSI Awards Ceremony is the region’s only award that celebrates and elevate green stormwater infrastructure projects, the triple bottom line (TBL) benefits of GSI, and the many project partners who make these projects successful.
On behalf of the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN), the GSI Partners are recognizing excellence in GSI in the following categories:
- Public Projects: Projects managed at least in part by a public agency and/or on public property (local, city, state, federal)
- Private Projects: Projects managed by a private entity and/or on private property
- Early Adopters: Public or Private projects 10 years or older
- Research in GSI: Peer-reviewed, published, and/or presented academic, non-profit, government, or private research on one or more elements of the triple bottom line performance of GSI
- Leadership in GSI: An individual whose work has transformed the understanding and/or use of GSI in the Greater Philadelphia region
Winning applications will highlight the triple bottom line (environmental, social, and economic) benefits of a green infrastructure approach to stormwater management. The Awards Selection Committee will take special notice of projects that report collaborative efforts.
Projects can be any age, must be completed, and located in one of the five southeastern Pennsylvania counties (Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, or Montgomery), or one of the three NJ counties adjacent to Philadelphia (Camden, Burlington, or Gloucester).
More about the Award
All finalists will be notified by e-mail and will have the opportunity to display their project poster during the Excellence in GSI Awards Ceremony’s reception. In addition, winners will receive:
- A Certificate of Award from the GSI Partners on behalf of The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia.
- Region-wide media attention through multiple outlets.
- Opportunities to present project as a case study at an upcoming GSI Partners event, which draws 60+ industry professionals from Philadelphia and surrounding counties.
Submit a Project
To become eligible for an Excellence in GSI Award, you must submit a completed nomination form and poster of your project by Friday January 27, 2017.
Posters must be in a 200 dpi color .pdf 24” x 36” portrait or landscape format. We encourage you to upload a maximum of 5 additional images of the project as well.
Click on this link to begin: “Excellence in GSI Award Nomination Form.” Note: You can save and continue later; however, be sure to save the link as GSI Partners staff will not have access to your partially completed submission. Use this .pdf as a reference guide to prepare your submission.
By submitting a project, you agree to it being published, whether or not it is selected for an award.
*Fee includes the cost of printing and mounting project poster.
2017 Excellence in GSI Awards
Thursday May 11, 2017
140 North Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Save the Date
Please contact Anna Shipp, Manager of the GSI Partners, with any questions you have about:
- GSI Partners
- Ad space in our Awards Program
- Event Sponsorship
firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.922.7400 ext. 107
About the Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is a non-profit membership organization working to build a thriving, local, and sustainable economy in the Greater Philadelphia region though advocacy, relationship-building, and education. SBN’s members are locally-owned businesses committed to doing well through environmentally and/or socially-focused enterprises. Through their products, services, and/or internal practices, SBN’s members exemplify how business can be a force for good.
About the Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Partners
The GSI Partners, a signature program of SBN, is a growing network of local businesses in the green stormwater infrastructure space, from engineers, landscape architects, and green roof companies, to contractors, maintenance firms, and material suppliers. Through advocacy, relationship-building, and education, we are working to advance the local GSI industry and GSI innovation, thereby amplifying the triple bottom line impact of Philadelphia’s Green City, Clean Waters plan. Our efforts are focused on facilitating and incentivizing GSI as much as possible and ensuring that as much of the public and private investments being catalyzed by the plan remain as local as possible.
The GSI Partners program is funded by the Surdna Foundation and the William Penn Foundation as well as member contributions.